If you're reading this, chances are you're considering an auto front disc brake conversion kit for your car. Maybe you've been to a car show or seen a beautiful classic car with shiny new disc brakes and wondered how you can get the same look for your own ride. Or maybe you've been researching brake upgrades and realized that a front disc brake conversion kit would be the best option for your car. Whatever the reason, here's all the information you need to make an informed decision about whether or not a front disc brake conversion kit is right for you.
What Are the Benefits of Disc Brakes?
Disc brakes offer a number of advantages over drum brakes.
- Reliable. Disc brakes are less likely to fail than drum brakes.
- Easier to service. When it comes time to service your disc brakes, it's a relatively easy and straightforward process. However, servicing drum brakes is much more complicated and often requires special tools and knowledge.
- Better performance. Disc brakes provide better braking performance than drum brakes, thanks to their superior heat dissipation capabilities. This means you can brake harder and for longer periods without fear of your brakes fading.
Disc brakes also come in a disc brake conversion kit for your convenience.
Are There Different Types of Disc Brake Conversion Kits?
There are two types of front disc brake conversions: complete and partial.
- Complete. A complete front disc brake conversion kit will replace both your original drum brakes and your master cylinder with new disc brakes and a new master cylinder.
- Partial. On the other hand, a partial front disc brake conversion will only replace your original drum brakes with new disc brakes, leaving your master cylinder in place and untouched.
There are pros and cons to each, including cost, but the biggest deciding factor will be whether or not you want to keep your original master cylinder.
What Are the Benefits of a Complete Auto Front Brake Conversion Kit?
There are a few more reasons to choose a complete over a partial conversion kit, including:
- Better investment. If you're planning on keeping your car for a long time, a complete auto front disc brake conversion kit will be a better investment since it will last longer and provide better performance.
- Stopping power. A complete front disc brake conversion kit will give you the best stopping power if you live in an area with lots of stop-and-go traffic or hills.
Whether you're looking for better performance or just want to give your car a new look, an auto front disc brake conversion kit can be a great option. Now that you know all the facts, it's time to start shopping around for the perfect kit for your car. For more information on an auto front disc brake conversion kit, contact a professional near you.